Sunday, August 4, 2013

When the feeling comes

http://understandquran.com/who-says-miracles-dont-happen-in-our-time.html



Today was Fast and Testimony meeting at church. There was a much larger crowd than usual because of a baby blessing. The baby who was blessed was delivered at 24 weeks and spent three months in the NICU. His life and his progress is a miracle. After the blessing I took the opportunity to share my testimony about the small miracles that I have seen in my life lately. All week I had been thinking about the "small" miracles that I experience and how I need to be more aware and grateful for them. Until I got to church I had forgotten that it was fast Sunday but once I remembered I knew I needed to bear my testimony today. It was a very tender experience for me and one that helped strengthen me and my faith in God.

Some of the small miracles I have noticed include getting to work on time even when I over sleep since time seems to slow down and all the lights are green, dinner being ready on time for a dinner appointment even though it never should have worked out, Eric getting a job offer this early in his third year of residency (granted that is a bigger miracle). Even today I was shown another miracle. On the Sundays when I work I normally take leftovers to warm up at church and eat there. Today the meeting ran long and I didn't have time to warm something up and eat. Luckily I had a sandwich since we had no leftovers. I ate in my car as I drove to work and got there just as my shift started.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for little miracles in our lives! Seriously when I sometimes feel alone or lost, I know that my Heavenly Father knows what's going on and often blesses me with little miracles and tender mercies in my life! I am so sorry it's been so hard lately but I am glad things are getting better. I am so very grateful for your testimony today and helping to remind me to stop and look at all the miracles in my life!

    Thanks Kristelle

    ReplyDelete