Saturday, August 3, 2013

Different Trials and choosing to be happy.

Samuel and Sara Kushnick celebrate a birthday together.
Samuel and Sara Kushnick celebrate a birthday together. Courtesy of Sara Gorfinkel



Last week I was at work and noticed someone before had left the internet browser open to a personal interest story. The title caught my eye so I started reading. The story drew me in and left me sort of breathless and soul stirred.

I was in awe as to how someone could go through so much and yet still be so optimistic. At first I envied her for being able to perservere. Then I let my self off the hook by thinking, "If I didn't have depression I could be optimistic as well." Finally I realized that no matter what the trials are there is a choice to be happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment