Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Shenandoah National Park


Last Thursday I went hiking in the Shenandoah National Park. I will be honest: the hike killed me. The pain in my knee made for a long trip back to the car but the moving and being in the beautiful outdoors made it all worth it. A few leaves were starting to change and the views were gorgeous. Dana gave us a lesson in poison ivy so we stayed rash free and the highlight of the trip...we saw a bear! As we were driving out of the park a black bear ran across the road in front of our car.


We had hiked up to see a waterfall and all we saw were wet rocks; pretty but wet. Not the best time for waterfalls.

Joined the selfie club!

Ali and I enjoying the sunshine and the leaves starting the change.
I love the starkness of this tree especially compared to the lush green surrounding it.
 
I general I am not a very active person but I am amazed how much better I feel when I get up and move, not only physically but emotionally as well. The goal now is to start moving more often so then it isn't quite the battle to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment