Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Not My Words

This video shows a little one loving her life.



Last night I went to my weekly support group at church. We talked about positive affirmations. This morning I got an email from my wonderful group leader and her words were too good to stay just in my inbox.



"The power of positive affirmations lies in the way they affect your subconscious mind. Positive affirmations are statements that create images of positive outcome in your mind, help you gain confidence and take necessary steps to achieve your goals.
I totally get that you might think this is dumb or how will this help.  I get that but I also know that if you read/say the positive affirmations each day, your brain will slowly rewire itself and you will start believing it more.  It's the idea of self fulfilling prophesy!! IT REALLY DOES WORK


Your subconscious mind accepts as true what you keep saying. It attracts corresponding events and situations into your life. So why not choose only positive statements, in order to get positive results?
Affirmations program the mind in the same way that commands and scripts program a computer.
_____________----
Affirmations are positive thoughts or statements about some outcome you wish to achieve, such as wealth, success, or health. Instead of negative self-talk, you can use positive daily affirmations to direct what your focus will be. You can conquer your past and present fears, and enjoy your present or create the future by affirmation. Affirmations redirect your values, help formulate goals, or prepare you for situations, whenever or wherever they may occur.

You can say your positive daily affirmations silently or aloud to yourself. Repetition of affirmations will also counteract negative thoughts that may stream through your mind, automatically sometimes. You may write affirmations on a card ? carried in your pocket, taped to a mirror, or placed where it is always visible to you. Repeat your positive affirmations at intervals throughout your day, to reinforce the positive belief and to maintain a positive state of mind.
______________________
Examples
I am strong and secure
I pursue my life’s purpose
I feel worthy
I feel fulfilled & joyful
I deserve to be happy
I only have positive mental pictures
Joy overflows in my life
I am becoming better everyday
I embrace positive self-esteem
I reject abuse from others
I have faith and deep belief in myself
I have an enthusiastic outlook on life
My future looks great
I have inner resources
I have the power to realize my goals
I take charge of my life
I am valuable
I stand firmly in my belief in myself
People respect me
People like me
I am a true friend
I care for people
I am confident of my capabilities, expertise, and know-how
I am interested in others
I am confident
I am a strong person
I dissolve all obstacles to having complete self-confidence
I am a success
I choose to be happy
I have faith in God and my future
I am courageous
I am lovable
I am worthy of love and friendship
I accept myself completely
I have a solid sense of self-identity
I see myself realistically and objectively
I find deep inner peace within myself as I am
I say positive things about myself to myself
I am a kind, caring and decent person
I forgive myself for all I have done
I forgive every person who has undermined my self-esteem
All false images of myself from the past are now dissolved
I love and accept all parts of myself
I am an interesting person
I love and accept all of my thoughts and feelings
I am interested in other people
All false messages about me are now dissolved in total grace
Every day I am getting better and better"

No comments:

Post a Comment